I have been so blessed by all of the amazing feedback I have been getting since I started this blog exactly one month ago. I never imagined I would get this kind of response so quickly! Thank you so much to everyone who has encouraged me and supported me in this and a huge thank you to everyone who has viewed, liked, commented, shared, and followed this blog!
Last week I received a comment from fellow blogger Katie Gamb from Kate Tea saying she nominated me for a Liebster Award. I discovered that it originated in Germany and as Katie describes it, “it’s a chain mail award of appreciation.” I like the way that sounds! This is not actually an award but just a way to connect with other bloggers around the world who are starting out to give them a little boost and share the love.
1. Post an acceptance post and include a thank you to the blogger who nominated you
2. Nominate 10 bloggers with under 200 followers with links to their blogs
3. Answer 10 questions your nominator sent to you
4. Include 10 questions for your nominees to answer
My answers to her questions:
- What is your favorite book? – Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
- You’re on death row. What do you choose as your last meal?– Sushi!
- What movie do you most want to live in?– The late 50’s, but just for their clothes. I love those styles of dresses!
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? – It changed a lot; I wanted to be a lawyer for awhile in 5th grade, then a teacher, when I was 17 I started a photography business, and now I have found my true calling which is working with kids and being a preschool teacher.
- What style of art has influenced you the most?- If photography is considered a style of art then that’s my answer! For a few years now I have been shooting weddings, engagement shoots, and senior shoots. I think that the true art in photography is capturing a person/couples personality and not going for just posed shots.
- What do you listen to while you draw/write?- I have a whole playlist that I listen to that includes A Fine Frenzy, The Temper Trap, and The Head and The Heart.
- Do you make your bed every day?- Uh….no.
- One non-essential item can’t you live without?– Chapstick
- What is the best concert you’ve ever seen?- I’m really not much of a concert person and haven’t been to one in years but I guess I would have to say Relient K… which doesn’t say a whole lot…
- What other blogs inspire you?- I did a blog post here about my “Go-To” Blogs.
- Brenner Bunch– I always feel refreshed after reading Natalie’s blog. She posts a lot about being a young married and challenges me to be a better wife. She is such a gem and that is so evident through her writing!
- Where the Green Grass Grows– Andrea has such a heart for entertaining and throwing her kids the best birthday parties ever that she started a business on Etsy selling adorable party stationary. From invites to cupcake toppers, her work makes me want have a million kids so I can throw a million parties for them!
- Renascent Photography– I might be biased about this one since she is my SIL but not really because Renee is truly amazing. Photography blogs are some of my favorite to look at because it’s a love that I share and Renee’s is by far my favorite. Her images blow me away every time and I get a little too giddy when I see a new post!
- Undercover DIYer– The post that hooked me into this blog was about her dining room wallpaper. It’s gorgeous! One of my favorite things is to see how people make their home uniquely theirs and Undercover DIYer does an incredible job.
- We Choose Virtues– This is a curriculum that we use at preschool that teaches kids 12 different virtues to live by such as obedience, contentment, kindness, and patience. It is AMAZING! It is so rewarding to teach these virtues and then see the kids actually begin to remember them and live them out. On Heather’s blog, she goes even deeper into each virtue to challenge adults in their own personal character.
- Cooking On Empty- As a newlywed, I’m always looking for new and easy recipes to make for my husband and I to try. Cooking on Empty is a great source of yummy recipes from someone who is learning just like I am!
- The Hamby Home– This blog is adorable. Great DIY’s to make any home feel more home-y!
- Andrea’s Lens– This blog caught my eye because of all the amazing traveling that Andrea does. It’s so cool looking at her pictures from, San Francisco, Seattle, and even the Oregon coast which is very familiar territory 🙂
- Diystinctly Made– I came across this blog the other day and I love it because: 1) Her projects are seriously awesome. You have to check out their bed frame! 2) Her posts are very well written and fun to read.
- Into the Western Wild– As you’ve probably figured out, I love me some DIY and Into the Western Wild feeds that love even more (just check out this headboard they made!) But on top of that, she shares about her family and her faith which is such a joy to read!
- Describe your dream vacation.
- What is one goal you hope to accomplish with your blog?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What is one food you will not eat?
- If you could speak any language, what would it be and why?
- Are you a good dancer?
- Do you prefer bubbles baths or showers?
- If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
- What other countries have you been to?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?