I mentioned in my full home tour that I would go more in depth as to the plans we have for specific areas in our house. Today is all about the kitchen and living room. I love my kitchen. A lot. I have so many cabinets that I don’t know what to do with myself. Most of the things we have planned for this area are way down the road kind of stuff but since we have a plan now, we can start saving for the big things. Here’s what we have in mind:
- Paint the cabinets (probably white) and add some sort of oil-rubbed bronze hardware to give them more dimension.
- Update the stove and refrigerator.
- Replace countertops with something kind of like this or this
- Install wood flooring that extends through the whole house
- Hang a pendant over the sink like this.
- Hang curtains.
- Replace sink with one like this and the faucet with one like this.
- Possibly add a tile backsplash?
The living room /dining area is the place in the house that looks the most “done” but I already have plans to totally change things around in here as far as decor. There aren’t many expensive or drastic changes we want to make but a few things like:
- Install wood flooring throughout the house.
- Hang light fixture over the dining room table. I’m on the hunt for something less generic and more unique and antique-y.
- Install crown molding.
I can’t wait to start crossing these things off the list!